Wednesday, September 30, 2009

materials

Having the chance to live in two countries, i have two different ways of looking at life. i value the traditions that i have learned from my families but at the same time i have also learned some american values. I think as a world though, we all value respecting ones who are older then us or just people in general. Althoough the cultures in china compared to the United States is a big difference, somethings will overlap or have some similarities. i think in the past years i have learned to be a individual and be able to work together as a team with a group of people when a group task is provided. At the same time i may be working in a group but at the same time i am thinking about what am i going to get out of it as a individual. The class discussion got me thinking a lot about what really makes me who i am. I feel that because there are so so many things that i want in the world, it makes me work harder in life to get what i want. That is what drives me to get up everyday and go to school to put some effort in. If there weren't all these wants i would be a lazy kid sitting at home on the couch eating as much food as possible.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the fact that being an individual isn't a bad thing all the time. Also I believe that working as hard a possible is an important value and working to get what you want isn't being selfish or materialistic, it shows that we work to help better ourselves and prove that we are mature and responsible enough to get what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being an Individual is something that our society has taught us to be...and i agree with everything that you are saying.

    ReplyDelete