Friday, October 23, 2009

I Am lIke Beavis

Beavis vs. Barbie

Every year in some class i feel that i am treated like Beavis. Sometime i ask teachers if they like some students more then other and they tell me no every students are equal. i often question that answer a lot. I see all the time that some teachers like one student more then me. i feel that some teachers give the students they like higher grades then the ones they dislike. i grew up and went to school where grades are very important but i have overcome that. i realized grades are not so important. what is important to keep in mind is wat i am actually learning and how i am applying it to the real world. Yeah grades are important but not how some people make it seem like at stevenson. a grade is just a letter. I rather be happy and not stressed out with a 2.4 gpa then always stressed out and have a higher gpa then 2.4.

4 comments:

  1. i completely agree with that, i think teachers judge people by their character and outside appearance, not by what they can actually accomplish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree, in the beginning of the year teachers even say if you do your homework and participate well in class then there's a better chance your grade will get bumped up to the higher grade if its close, which i think is unfair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah I agree about the teachers favoring the students and giving them a higher grade than the students they don't favor. It is important to apply what you learn in school to the real world but it's also importnat to get good grades because our lives are based off of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy,

    2 things:
    1. I hope you don't feel like BEavis in my class.

    and

    2. Before you go crazy posting about that woman - think about it this way: I don't want you to focus on her personally. That is not the point. The point is that media and advertising is affecting us negatively - look at the research on my page and tell me what you think about that?

    ReplyDelete